Sunday, April 30, 2006

What Kind of Deodorant Do You Use?

A while back I was riding down the rode with a friend and the subject of deodorant came up (he is a close friend). First I told him what kind I used and then he told me what kind he used. Then he told me that he left his at school [in the gym] the day before and as a substitute, today he used a lot of cologne to cover up the smell.

Amazingly, it worked wonderfully. Nobody, all day, said or did anything to him. The only problem was he knew. He could tell and he hated the difference.

This story reminds me of 2 Corinthians 2:14. Here Paul tells us that 'through us [God] diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place.' This means that God uses you and me to spread the ‘smell’ of Him to others.

This fact should be enough to make us always willing and ready to be used of God. But what happens when we do not let God use us? What happens when we put something else before God? It is possible that other people will not even notice, like my friend’s deodorant incident. God will and it will grieve Him that we chose something other than His plan for our life. The good news is, however, if we repent and ask Him to forgive us, He will be ready and willing to use us once again.

So, lets check our own lives; what do you smell like? Do you like it?

Read 2 Corinthians 2:5-17

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like some serious male bonding going on there...

Mon May 01, 11:31:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Troy said...

This analogy sounds very "preacher-esque." When will you be entering the ministry?

Mon May 01, 01:31:00 PM 2006  
Blogger AyDubb said...

I'm sorry...what was the question again?? I'm still stuck back at the part about using cologne to cover up the fact that there was no deodorant on board...bleeech!

Thu May 04, 10:18:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home