Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Girl was HOT!

I learned about the inner workings of a radiator!

On the way ‘home’ through the Arizona desert, Betsy (my car) started getting a fever. Not long into the trip she was downright HOT. I had to stop for a while on the side of the road to let her cool down. There was only one problem: high noon in the middle of the dessert is not a good place to cool down. So I gave ol’ girl one more chance to make it to the next town. She made it! Then I had phone reception and I was able to call a tow truck. Fortunately the tow was covered by the dealer. Unfortunately the maintenance was not.

Come to find out, Betsy did not have a simple low-grade fever. She was overheating secondary to a ka-put hypothalamus (I think the automotive term is thermostat). The ‘gland’ was sticking so that the coolant was unable to flow properly.

After a hypothalamectomy and subsequent transplant, Betsy is functioning as well as before. And now I have my A/C back too!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Shane Lechler said...

I am thinking hopper is going over board on the health professional status.

Wed Jun 21, 03:13:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home