Monday, June 19, 2006

Today I fell in love.

Today I am waiting for the work to be completed on my car so I would like to take this time to tell you more about my weekend travels.

The Grand Canyon was GREAT; turns out it is pretty big too. I learned that in the desert the nights are cold and the days are hot. It is funny because you start the day in many layers of clothes and by mid day you are wearing only a t-shirt and shorts. While there I hiked 3-5 miles along the Southern Rim, visited a watch tower, watched the sun set on canyon and then attended an astronomy talk. There was a group in ‘town’ that gave a short talk about space and then about 24-ish high powered telescopes were available for public viewing. I saw lots of stuff, including planets; they all just looked like stars to me.

Now for the love story.

This morning, while waiting on the car, I went for a walk downtown. Minding my own business, doing the usual touristy march through town I saw a store of interest. I walked in, started to look around and then I saw her; ordinary in every outward appearance but extraordinarily unique when I heard her. She is a Taylor 314 CE cut-a-way guitar. By far the best sounding guitar I have ever played. As I took it off the display and started to play, I was in awe. It was ‘love at first sound’. Like many out of town love stories there was a problem however: price. $1500 of a problem to be exact. For a product this great, you are going to have to pay but this is about $1499 out of my price range. So I said a quick farewell to cut-away Taylor 314 CE. Though it was short, we had a treat time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shane Lechler said...

The only problem I see with you falling in love with this guitar (although it is beautiful) is that I don't believe that wonderful music machine will have the capabilities to buy you and blueberry cake doughnuts on your anniversary! I may be wrong here, but that is just my observation.

Tue Jun 20, 09:32:00 AM 2006  
Blogger OS Hopper said...

You are correct; and I guess it all worked out for the best because of this well made point.

Tue Jun 20, 06:02:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home