Wednesday, June 28, 2006

"Utah" is Indian for "ironic"?


I drove through Utah this past weekend. There were ‘Open Range’ warning signs on the highway; the periodic horse, cow, or sheep on the highway or near by; and, get this, fences! Yes, fences! Just like driving across any rural country, there were fences. I would think that these fences would be used to keep animals off the road. Apparently, this is not the case in Utah. In UT, it seems that ‘Open Range’ means, ‘We are going to put up this fence so that the animals do not come on the reservation property. We want them in the road so that passersby can hit them with their cars. (take heart, no animal was actually harmed emotionally or physically on the duration of this excursion nor during the story's re-dramatization herein). I was just laughing at the irony of the ‘open range’ and fence combination.

Things that make me say ‘hummm’.

ps. I went to Monument Valley, fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home