Monday, June 12, 2006

Weekend Wrap-Up


This weekend was great! If you were trying to guess as to the nature of the side job of the individual at the hospital, I am sure you guessed correctly. I went sheep herding! There was horse riding, sheep penning, sheep feeding and much more involved. I have never seen sheep up close and in person (or at least I cannot remember such an event).

I was a little concerned at the beginning because every time I would walk up to a group of sheep they would run away. They did not know me. So, if I wanted to touch/pet one I had to pen her down (grab 2 legs, force her on her side and then grab the other 2 legs). This was really funny because one sheep continued eating even after I penned her on the ground. I am not sure if she was trying to calm herself from the experience of being held or if she just did not care what I was doing. Either way, after I penned her down, she just kept eating! (I have some good pictures!)

Also, I went driving through the mountains of CO. I went through Durango, Silverton, Ouray, Ridgeway, Telluride, and Cortez. I started to forget what green looks like outdoors; everything is brown here. The trip was VERY pretty and there was still snow on the tops of the mountain and tons of green Aspen and Spruce trees! If you ever get the opportunity to drive the Million Dollar Highway and see this part of the country, I recommend it.

That was my weekend, lots of fun!
Hopper

2 Comments:

Blogger Troy said...

I have always wanted to spend some time on a sheep farm. So many spiritual analogies.

Tue Jun 13, 08:43:00 PM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The weekend was great. With regard to sheep, even my short time with them gave new insight to some of the analogies given in scripture. I have some pictures that I will share either when I get home or when I find a scanner.

Hopper

Tue Jun 13, 09:49:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home