Saturday, July 08, 2006

Girl peach, boy peach

Today I ate what I thought think was a peach. The question comes in dealing with the ‘fuzziness’ of the fruit. I know it was not a nectarine because it was not completely ‘bald’. I was originally not too sure of its ‘peachy-ness’ either because it did not have that much ‘hair’.

Maybe there is a gender difference within the peach family. I think I am used to eating boy peaches (hairy) and today I must have eaten a girl peach (less hairy). Girls are typically less hairy than boys when talking about people, so this is the only explanation I am able to generate concerning this less hairy peach.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jeanine said...

So I have to ask...did the "girl peach" taste any different than your usual "boy peach"?

Sat Jul 08, 06:06:00 PM 2006  
Blogger OS Hopper said...

I cannot say. All I know is this one was ...sweet.

Sat Jul 08, 07:55:00 PM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't your mom ever tell you not to put unidentified stuff in your mouth? Did you think to ask what it was you were chowing down on BEFORE you chowed upon it?

Sat Jul 08, 08:02:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Laurie said...

No wonder you can't figure out what you were eating. If it was a girl peach it was obligated to be complex and confusing.

Mon Jul 10, 12:40:00 PM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Girls are typically less hairy than boys when talking about people...."

For humans, what are the implications for the gossip and the hirsute?

Mon Jul 10, 01:33:00 PM 2006  
Blogger OS Hopper said...

Proverbs 10:19--
First, I am intrigued with your use of the word: hirsute.
Second, I am a little slow on the uptake of your question. Are you asking if one homo sapian gender typically has tendencies toward or away from either a loose tongue or hirsutism?
Third, I do not feel comfortable pursuing this conversation as my word count is increasing and propensity for sin follows suit (Proverbs 10:19).

Mon Jul 10, 11:38:00 PM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

2 more fun words:
loquacious & laconic

Maybe...
When they gossip, hirsute females temporarily become less hairy than males and than the more reticent females.

Peachy!

Tue Jul 11, 01:18:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home