Saturday, July 01, 2006

'Volun-told' Free Will Offering

While on my adventure out west an opportunity was made available to me. I was afforded the occasion to donate some money to a small town city counsel! Today I am working through the second opportunity this little town has provided me; a chance to waste 6 hours of my life!!

I am wasting my life away at home, on the computer. This is the best possible situation because while maneuvering through all the rig-a-ma-roll of the boring website, I am working on other projects.

So here is how the situation went down. I was excited to be traveling out west and a nice Texas State Trooper police officer man did not fully appreciate my creative interpretation of the posted speed ‘limit’. So he got real excited, turned on lots of pretty lights that were strategically mounted on top of his cruiser, and began to tailgate me. When I pulled off the road (into a pasture), he explained the situation to me along with his distaste for my creative interpretation of the white and black metal signs. This initiated my generous bonus offering to his retirement fund.

I am still not too sure as to the purpose of all the excitement (I was in the middle of nowhere and I think there was one other car on the road, 200 yards ahead of me). I do, however, appreciate all the ‘important’ work that this nice young man provides via public service so this takes some of the sting out of my donation of money and time to ‘The Cause’.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home