Monday, August 21, 2006

Most Interesting Page

Today I just finished with the morning patients at the clinic when my pager went off again. I called and was a little annoyed because the number was for a recorded message. It sounded kind of official so I gave it another 3 seconds to win me over. It asked for an extension (provided on my pager) so I typed it in.

Something similar to the following was the message, “Attention bomb technician…please contact Sergeant X at dispatch as soon as possible, code xxxx (some numeric code)…repeating…Attention bomb technician…please contact Sergeant X at dispatch as soon as possible, code xxxx. This concludes this message from the Houston Metro Police Department, Goodbye.”

What!! They are calling ME to dismantle a bomb?!? This can not be right. So I called ‘dispatch’ and asked for Sergeant X. The nice lady that answered the phone sounded kind of put off by my call, however when I gave her the code given by the automated message, she quickly said, “One minute.” Half a second later Sergeant X was on the phone.

Apparently HMPD uses an outside company to send pages to its technicians. Somehow my number got in their database.

About 20-30 minutes later I received another page. I did not return that page.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeanine said...

I lost my pager, so I had to get a new one. They gave me one of the nifty alpha numeric ones. How exciting is that? I still never get paged, but at least my pager looks cooler.

Mon Sep 25, 07:27:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home