Monday, August 14, 2006

Paging Mr. Hopper

Wow, it finally happened. Today I received my first page. Until this rotation, I have been at institutions that did not use/need pagers (they ‘know' how to find you!). Not so any longer!

This is how it went down:
Immersed in conversation with a colleague and deep in though, out of no where my pager goes off. Oh wow, I thought. I need to respond to this! It is probably a life or death situation that needs my special attention right now! I will not keep the profession / patient waiting…’somebody, where is a phone? I need to answer a page!’

Dialing…’Hello, this is OS Hopper returning a page.’
The other side of the phone, ‘Um you left a message on my voice mail saying that you need a password so you can use the computer?’

Ok, so it was not important. But hey, someone actually paged me!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jeanine said...

Wow! I'm impressed. My pager has yet to be paged by anyone other than me, and that happens every time I lose it.

Mon Aug 14, 06:03:00 PM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey....I thought I was the first page you had. What's up with that, Hopper???

Mon Aug 14, 09:08:00 PM 2006  
Blogger OS Hopper said...

Ms. Theif,
I forgot about that. It has been 3 months? I am sorry for my absent mindedness. I was kind of expecting your page, though; we talking at the time you sent the page. I do not want to diminish the importance of your official first paging. This was my first not-from-someone-I-know-well page.

Mon Aug 14, 09:25:00 PM 2006  
Blogger OS Hopper said...

Jeanine, maybe we should trade pager numbers and use them from time to time to make each other feel important. We would have to ask an official 'shop' question though when returning the call.

Nevermind, the onslaught of paging will come soon enough!

Mon Aug 14, 09:28:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home