Monday, January 29, 2007

1 small step for them, 1 giant step me!

Well readers, today is the day. I am interviewing for ‘the next phase’. Actually I am currently in the middle of my interview day. Now some of you may be saying, "Hopper, why are you on the internet when you are at an interview?” There is a perfectly logical explanation to be revealed henseforth.

In my line of business the completion of training does not necessarily complete one’s training. Further training may be desired/required. I am applying for a PGY1/fellowship possition (PGY1=post graduate year 1). The thing is, the institution at which I am applying typically only accepts PGY2 applicants. Infact I am the only one here today that is applying for the PGY1/fellowship spot. The interviewing agenda includes going around to several departments and talking with many individuals. I am only applying to one, single program within the large instutitution. I really only need to impress one individual.

So, why I am blogging. Because I am the only one interviewing today for this spot, I get a break because some of the PGY2 ‘questioning’ does not apply to me. In a short while, I will reunite with the other interviewees and engage in the most strengent ‘questioning’ of the day. This is a rapid fire, group session ordeal.

I will be interested to see if the interviewers realize that I am seeking a PGY1 and not PGY2. If they do not…It will be fun to see how I answer their questions!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Alyssa said...

So how did the interview go?

Tue Jan 30, 11:30:00 AM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home