Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Funny things about my current workplace:

1. I encounter Attendings (a ‘big cheese’ physician) from other services all the time; one of them talks like Hawkeye from M*A*S*H.

2. The building is broken up into ‘color zones’. If the room is in the ‘blue zone’ the room number may be “B2.1234”. If it is in the ‘yellow zone’ the number may be ‘Y4.1234’. Y=zone, 4=fourth floor, 1234=room number. I asked someone where R11.1623 was in the RED zone. After a puzzled look on their face they said, ‘boy, there IS no red zone’. I pointed to the color of the wall and said, ‘Are we not in the red zone currently?”. “No…this is the ROSE zone…but room 1623 is right around the corner.” Who would have guessed that R=rose and not red?

3. Today I saw an electrical outlet plug in the elevator. I thought that was kind of odd.

4. I introduced my self to the department medical chief. I said, “Hello, my name is OS Hopper, fourth year student.” He said, “I kind of guessed that you were a student. You are kind of shy and very polite.” I laughed and said “This only my second day.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home